To claim an expense, you will need to fill out the appropriate form on the UWO finance site. There are some basic instructions to guide you through the process:
Before a conference, if you need a cash advance, you can create one, making sure to include breakdown of cost in the Notes section of form (note: do not need receipts).
- Get a speedcode from Ali.
- If your speed code starts with MB*, claims will go to Medical Biophysics admins (e.g. Jennifer Devlin, Faye Carr)
- If your speed code starts with RT*, claims will go to Robarts Research Institute admins (e.g. Rebecca Nash, Johanne Langford)
- Attend conference.
- Follow instructions below to create an expense report.
- If you had a cash advance, apply it to your expense claim.
- Scan and attach any necessary receipts (e.g. taxi, uber receipts), as well as conference badge (to show as proof), and travel boarding passes.
- You can use meal per-diem rates, but only for meals where the conference did not provide a meal (the admin staff will check against the conference program!)
- Attach the conference program if possible, along with some proof of attendance (e.g. a certificate of attendance if provided, or copy of your badge)
- In the notes section, please include what your role is (grad student, post-doc, etc.) and your relationship with Me (e.g. Supervisor: Ali Khan)
- For re-imbursing food for lab meetings, mini-hacks, tutorials etc, use Meeting as the Business Purpose, and use Meal: Hospitality Receipt as the Expense Type. You can include expenses for multiple days/events as different lines in the same expense report. Be sure to include the list of attendees for each expense where indicated.
- Expense Reimbursements